Holistic Health Coaching
What is coaching?
Are you unsure of what coaching actually is? Then read on...
Coaching is essentially a talking therapy which can be applied to any aspect of your life and health, depending on the practitioner that you choose to work with.
One of the main differences between coaching and other talking therapies is that it is action-orientated. So, the focus is on actually making changes in your life, and helping you get from where you are now, to where you want to be.
This focus on creating change is important.
Whilst developing self-awareness is helpful, it does not automatically mean that you develop the ability to change your life. Knowledge, experience and behaviour patterns are fundamentally different things.
Have you ever tried to make changes in your life but no matter how hard you tried, you were still unsuccessful? Even despite knowing in theory what you should do? This may be because you are influenced everyday by a wide range of different things which impact your life - some you may be aware of, some you are not.
It is usually the things which operate beneath our awareness which are the real sources of stress in our lives. Things like unconscious triggers, unhelpful beliefs, learnt behaviour patterns, and social or cultural expectations. Because these are invisible to us, we can go a lifetime without recognising them. This is where working with an experienced coach can help.
How does it work?
If you enrol onto a coaching programme, we create a step-by-step plan so that you can work towards the changes you want to make. It is completely up to you to choose your own pathway, and make your own choices and goals.
Once we have done this, we generally do these things in each individual session:
- Discuss an aspect of life which you are struggling with, or which you would like to change.
- Explore the deeper patterns which may be contributing to your current problem
- Find ways to resolve this issue. This may involve a range of interventions including therapies, making changes, coaching exercises, or specific activities.
- Create an action plan together, for you to implement within a certain period of time.
- Review your progress and then build upon it.